Research into the 2 minutes of a films opening had told us the many films contain 2 or more idents, so given the fact we had already completed one, we moved on to making another. This time we decided to challenge ourselves further and opted for a more complex ident compared to our first.
- The first thing we did was to import the footage I recorded of the waves crashing. This was because our production name was decided upon to be called ‘Tsunami Productions’ so, we wanted to have something which represented this.
- The next thing we did was to add the text (this was the “productions”) and we added a basic blur in effect to add some animation to the ident.
- The third thing we did was that we added another layer of text. This was underlaid over the video footage of the waves.
- I then added an image mask of the waves and then dragged the ‘Tsunami’ titles over the image mask. It created like a window effect since the waves were seeping through the text.
The final product looks like this:
The process took the best part of 3 lessons but Im very proud of how it has turned out as i believe that it is unique and looks professional. My one criticism of the ident however is the quality of video of the waves, as once adding a image mask it does dampen down the quality of footage. Other than that the ident was a success.